Friday, February 22, 2013

The Oscar Winners are . . .

I've been posting pics on my Facebook feed all month leading up to the Academy Awards this weekend.  I thought I'd take a moment to post a few favorite pics here. 

 

Janet Gaynor with her statuette for Seventh Heaven, Street Angel and Sunrise

 

Best Supporting James Stewart (The Philadelphia Story)
busses Best Actress Ginger Rogers (Kitty Foyle)


Vivien Leigh with her statuette for Gone With the Wind
 
A radiant Ingrid Bergman with her Oscar for Gaslight
 
Marlon Brando for On the Waterfront
 
Gloria Swanson being consoled by Best Actor Jose Ferrer (Cyrano de Bergerac)
after losing out to Judy Holiday with her Oscar gold for Born Yesterday
 
Sohphia Loren for her win in Two Women
 
A jubilant Miyoshi Umeki and Red Buttons win for Sayonara
 
A delighted Elizabeth Taylor with her Oscar for Butterfield 8
 
Billy Wilder taking home the gold for The Apartment
 
 
Of the hundreds of images out there, I think this is my favorite.  Stan Laurel showing off his Honorary Award for Lifetime Achievement.
 
Who knows what Oscar gold will be awarded this year?  Whoever wins, enjoy the show!
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment